Knee injury need help?

1xsculler
Old timer

Knee injury need help?

Post by 1xsculler »

Got whacked pretty hard by a big skiier while snowboarding yesterday…no blame assigned…we both completed our runs BUT my right knee is talking back to me and it’s angry…medial side of knee joint very tender to palpation…no swelling, discoloration or pain 99% of the time. I can row, do push-ups, chin-ups, go up stains and down, do my dumbell squats, raise my left leg into bed all with no discomfort BUT try to lift my right leg into bed when straight or slightly bent and OMG, don’t try that again…when it’s bent 90° no problem. Walking is fine until I try to extend my gait a little and then it’s, no, no, no.
Hoping for an MRI soon and I’ll consult Dr YouTube as time allows.
N E ideas from you Orthopedic Drs or PTs out there?
Since there’s no swelling I’m applying heat to stimulate blood flow to the area.
I had Cardiac Catheter Ablation. I was in totally asymptomatic, (Apple Watch alerted me) persistent, Atrial Flutter and, post Ablation, I am in persistent sinus rhythm, knock on wood!
Know your A1c and your heart rhythm.
caustic
Old timer

Re: Knee injury need help?

Post by caustic »

what's that old acronym! RICE - Rest Ice Compression Elevation.

Hopefully you just got your knee banged up and have a deep bruise. But, Just because there's no exterior visible swelling doesn't necessarily mean that there's not any swelling of tissues between the bones. I'm not a doctor, but I AM a guy with a janky knee.
1xsculler
Old timer

Re: Knee injury need help?

Post by 1xsculler »

Thank you!
I had Cardiac Catheter Ablation. I was in totally asymptomatic, (Apple Watch alerted me) persistent, Atrial Flutter and, post Ablation, I am in persistent sinus rhythm, knock on wood!
Know your A1c and your heart rhythm.