Re: Braca the Other Oar Company

Moderator: lt.wolf

1xsculler
Old timer

Post by 1xsculler »

Welcome and interesting information, however, you ought to be sending a couple of C-notes to the Lt. for the exposure. I might try out a pair of your oars because of this thread.
Last edited by 1xsculler on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had Cardiac Catheter Ablation. I was in totally asymptomatic, (Apple Watch alerted me) persistent, Atrial Flutter and, post Ablation, I am in persistent sinus rhythm, knock on wood!
Know your A1c and your heart rhythm.
rowrowrowyour8
Varsity

Post by rowrowrowyour8 »

AOBSS,

How long has Braca been making rowing sculls/sweep oars? Do you know of any programs that use these sculls?

Never heard of this company, but I'm interested/intrigued (although not currently living in the Boston area, else I'd check y'all out for sure).
"Greetings from a bricklayer."
- Jack Kelly
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

any worlds or olympic performance to compare?
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

so the answer is none?
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

I am going to say I am pretty frustrated and disappointed with this advertisement. I am being as nice as possible right now I am going take some time to think on this and deal with it in the morning.

I have deleted the post and saved them until I see fit to post them
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

i didn't think about that angle. i guess it kinda sucks not paying you something for the advert. what about all the gord that frisky and friends give around here?
1xsculler
Old timer

Post by 1xsculler »

Does Braca make a good, high-tech, smoothie sculling oar?
I had Cardiac Catheter Ablation. I was in totally asymptomatic, (Apple Watch alerted me) persistent, Atrial Flutter and, post Ablation, I am in persistent sinus rhythm, knock on wood!
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

the very best 1995 has to offer!!!
1xsculler
Old timer

Post by 1xsculler »

That's disappointing but I'd like to know more. Who's to say C2, Croker and Dreher oars are really better than 1995 technology no matter how hard they have tried. Bright colors like yellow, red, bright green and pink have always caught my attention.
Ship me a pair of 288cm, soft shaft, yellow bladed smoothies to try out and I'll send the Lt. a few C-notes and write a review that nobody would probably pay any attention to.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

1xsculler wrote:Who's to say C2, Croker and Dreher oars are really better than 1995 technology no matter how hard they have tried.
every worlds and olympics since then?
Ship me a pair of 288cm, soft shaft, yellow bladed smoothies to try out and I'll send the Lt. a few C-notes and write a review that nobody would probably pay any attention to.
i tried a pair of them back in 2001. i can't believe they are still in business. but if you really want to try them i figure you should go for their latest design--the "sharp". they think enough of it to market it as their top model. find out why.
GreenHat
Pre-Elite

Post by GreenHat »

Technical Note (and hopefully discussion):

Croker, C2, Dreher have all done away with the spline on the concave face of the blade, opting (with the exception of Dreher) for a spline on the back (convex) side of the blade. These fellows have the spline on the front. I've always heard that interruptions to the back of the blade are important to minimize.

Is it really that little a problem to have a huge ridge on the concave side of the blade?
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

macons are coming back too!

i will be unstoppable in my pocock wooden single with brass oarlocks!!!
Almostflipped
Old timer

Post by Almostflipped »

i will be unstoppable in my pocock wooden single with brass oarlocks!!!
Caustic.....is that you?
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

All right everyone we are working on some of the details .

Turtle - Fluid has done their part for us here. So has Croker, CRC, CSP , Noble Hardware has been fantastic, they all have kept us going.

I would crush the Turtle in any boat he showed up in. Caustic, Turtle and I will race some day , and true to form I will win EASILY.

1xsculler I will get you some contact info for BRACCA
scullerjonny
Elite

Post by scullerjonny »

don't bother 1xsculler...Braca oars are miserable. They bounce around in the water and don't release clean. I tried them out a few weeks back b/c I needed to use a club set of oars away from home. I will never use them again. Braca specializes in making kayak paddles, and they are very good at that, but unless they have made some drastic design changes to their oars, don't waste your money.