Empacher touch-up paint

Moderator: lt.wolf

Steven M-M
Elite

Empacher touch-up paint

Post by Steven M-M »

I need to touch-up a spot on the hull of my mid-90s Empacher 2x. The original paint is quite faded and several repairs don't really match, so I'm not looking for a perfect paint match. Does anyone know the right paint number for Empacher touch-up. I see I can buy some from Empacher Germany but would rather just go to my local hardware or auto parts store. Close enough is perfect. Thanks in advance.
Steven M-M
Minetti
JV

Re: Empacher touch-up paint

Post by Minetti »

There is none. You have to mix & match yourself.
Even the official Empacher color from their shop does not match a brand new hull.
Withoutmercy
Pre-Elite

Post by Withoutmercy »

take your boat to a auto paint supply shop and get a match from their camera system. The process will cost about $100 and your paint will be close. get the paint system with a hardener added to the paint your your never going to be able to paint over that spot. GL
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

Contact RowAmerica repairs , they were able to match the color of Empachers . Not sure if they will sell it to you but you can ask.
Steven M-M
Elite

Post by Steven M-M »

Thanks everyone. I contacted RowAmerica.
Steven M-M
JD
Old timer

Post by JD »

Tim over at Rowing Shell Repair recently told me that different eras of Empacher have slightly different hues and that they are a pain to match. There is no one color.
John Davis
What is the first business of the philosopher? To caste away conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to learn
that which he thinks he already knows. -Epictetus
Withoutmercy
Pre-Elite

Post by Withoutmercy »

empachers are not painted but gellcoated when they are built. hence they are hard to match. Rowing Shell Repair are probobly the best bet.