New Concept 2 Thin Blades

Moderator: lt.wolf

rowingrick
Novice

New Concept 2 Thin Blades

Post by rowingrick »

Has anyone tried out Concept 2's new thin sculling blades? They are 3mm thick vs 5 mm for their standard sculls? Dreher Apex oars are very thin and I really like how clean these blades are to row with. I also like C2's Smoothie 2's but they seem to splash a little more. I wonder if a thin blade Smoohie 2 might not be a good option.
LtwtPortSide
Novice

Re: New Concept 2 Thin Blades

Post by LtwtPortSide »

Do you have a link to these blades?

I looked on concept 2's website and can't find anything on a new blade.
petermech
Elite

Post by petermech »

I asked a rep at the Charles about them. They are in production now and are replacing the construction they were using. He said the edge will take a greater impact before getting damaged and that is the reason for the change. Same blade shapes as before other then thickness. For moving the boat the old blade is as good as the thinner blade and no need to update unless there is a need such as a broken blade.
1xsculler
Old timer

Post by 1xsculler »

Never confuse NEEDS with WANTS.
I had Cardiac Catheter Ablation. I was in totally asymptomatic, (Apple Watch alerted me) persistent, Atrial Flutter and, post Ablation, I am in persistent sinus rhythm, knock on wood!
Know your A1c and your heart rhythm.
1xsculler
Old timer

Post by 1xsculler »

I just rowed with my new thin blade, Soothy2, non-Vortex, Skinny, Extra soft sculling oars and I like them very much. I'm not saying that I notice the thinner blade a lot but they do seem to be a little more refined and a little lighter.
I had Cardiac Catheter Ablation. I was in totally asymptomatic, (Apple Watch alerted me) persistent, Atrial Flutter and, post Ablation, I am in persistent sinus rhythm, knock on wood!
Know your A1c and your heart rhythm.