Mile/1500 running training principals apply to masters 1K?

dieselrower1k
JV

Mile/1500 running training principals apply to masters 1K?

Post by dieselrower1k »

As a former University 800m runner, I have often wondered about how closely the training concepts apply to a master's 1K. I would think the specific workouts for the mile/1500 would be most relevant to a 1K since all 3 take 4 minutes, plus or minus a few seconds.
Scull8tor
JV

Re: Mile/1500 running training principals apply to masters 1K?

Post by Scull8tor »

Yes, I agree. Ever since I saw Jack Daniels speak at the US Rowing Convention, I have used his concepts in helping my masters prepare for 1K's .
Remomex
Old timer

Post by Remomex »

Scull8tor wrote:Yes, I agree. Ever since I saw Jack Daniels speak at the US Rowing Convention, I have used his concepts in helping my masters prepare for 1K's .
His book, Daniels' Running Formula, is a fantastic read - even if you aren't a runner. I used it while training for a marathon and have found a lot of the information covered to be equally useful for rowing.
Scull8tor
JV

Post by Scull8tor »

Remomex wrote:
Scull8tor wrote:Yes, I agree. Ever since I saw Jack Daniels speak at the US Rowing Convention, I have used his concepts in helping my masters prepare for 1K's .
His book, Daniels' Running Formula, is a fantastic read - even if you aren't a runner. I used it while training for a marathon and have found a lot of the information covered to be equally useful for rowing.
It is one of my favorite training books. I always use the chart template he gives on how to work backwards from your "event" breaking down how many weeks should be spent on each training component. Hasn't failed me yet.