CoxOrbs

Moderator: lt.wolf

Lock&Lock
Novice

CoxOrbs

Post by Lock&Lock »

Did anyone else see these new CoxOrbs on display at Henley Royal Regatta this year?

http://www.active-tools.com/CoxOrb.aspx
LtwtPortSide
Novice

Re: CoxOrbs

Post by LtwtPortSide »

I like that the slogan is "Now you have a choice."
GettingFaster
Veteran

Post by GettingFaster »

Looks like Philly is going to have to step up their game a bit and put something new out. Lots of nice features here that they don't offer.
AND
Varsity

Post by AND »

Thought I would dig up this thread to see if anyone who has used the unit has anything to add as a review. I am considering the cobalt, the equivalent to the NK coxbox.

Including the microphone and charger, its not much more than a coxbox. I am getting tired of sending back a $500 unit for warranty repairs every year, and having constant microphone and connection issues.

Anyone care to share their experiences?
sandor
Old timer

Post by sandor »

AND wrote:Thought I would dig up this thread to see if anyone who has used the unit has anything to add as a review. I am considering the cobalt, the equivalent to the NK coxbox.

Including the microphone and charger, its not much more than a coxbox. I am getting tired of sending back a $500 unit for warranty repairs every year, and having constant microphone and connection issues.

Anyone care to share their experiences?
row perfect also has the coxmate:
https://www.rowperfect.co.uk/product/co ... re-bundle/

personally, i have never used either.
caustic
Old timer

Post by caustic »

I think it's fair to say that the reason that cox boxes haven't really made much progress in the 20 years that I've at least known them is because there's not really a whole lot of market, they're not really that cheap, and they are surprisingly robust over time.

Really, I'm not sure making an omnibus cox box is really something that you can make money doing in our sport. Making one that does the basics and is cheaper is probably a better path. But it does look nice.