New electric motorbike - too good to be true?

fatsculler
Old timer

New electric motorbike - too good to be true?

Post by fatsculler »

http://eco-motorcycles.co.uk/vigo

A 180mph electric superbike with a 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds, 0 emissions and a range of 400 miles.....all for less than $10,000....seems too good to be true. If this turns out to be viable then I definitely want one!
The older I get, the better I was
beagle
Elite

Re: New electric motorbike - too good to be true?

Post by beagle »

+1
FIVE MILES OUT
sandor
Old timer

Post by sandor »

I would be all in too, but this is one i wouldn't pre-pay for.

twice the horsepower, twice the range & half the price of what is already on the market?
Sounds too good to be true.
They quote performance specs similar to the Isle of Man TT Zero bikes,but they are custom built & only need 37.7 miles of range :)

Luckily, my 2-strokes are still legal in the US!
Norm
Old timer

Post by Norm »

From the website

Vigo Motorcycle project is temporarily suspended
Dear friends and followers,
The last year had a highly positive effect in some development aspects, overall we are very unhappy with it: significant shortage of funds, inability to disclose information, legal complexities, setbacks, and other matters resulted in radically negative consequences for our venture.
This is why, with deep sorrow, I inform you that we have no other choices, but to temporarily suspend the project until a more favorable environment prevails.
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back - Piet Hein
sandor
Old timer

Post by sandor »

Norm wrote:From the website

The last year had a highly positive effect in some development aspects, overall we are very unhappy with it: significant shortage of funds, inability to disclose information, legal complexities, setbacks, and other matters resulted in radically negative consequences for our venture.
This is why, with deep sorrow, I inform you that we have no other choices, but to temporarily suspend the project until a more favorable environment prevails.

sad, but not unexpected.

with the further development of the MotoE bike, Colin Edwards took it out for a hot lap before the Austin GP, and the start of MotoE racing in 2019, there will be much larger pockets investing & the trickle down will happen.
fatsculler
Old timer

Post by fatsculler »

sandor wrote:
Norm wrote:From the website

sad, but not unexpected.

with the further development of the MotoE bike, Colin Edwards took it out for a hot lap before the Austin GP, and the start of MotoE racing in 2019, there will be much larger pockets investing & the trickle down will happen.
This one however, is available for sale
https://rideapart.com/articles/nico-ros ... ergica-ego
but...it has a starting price of €24,500 (excluding tax) €10K more than a petrol sports bike like the Yamaha R1 (but tempting if it was 10 grand cheaper!)
The older I get, the better I was
petermech
Elite

Post by petermech »

Here is a three wheeled vehicle that has taken deposits but delivery has been put off till next year for a number of years.

https://jalopnik.com/tag/elio-motors

Good luck to those waiting...waiting...waiting....waiting.... well it sounded good.
KitD
Old timer

Post by KitD »

Looks like the old Messerschmitt KR200
sandor
Old timer

Post by sandor »

KitD wrote:Looks like the old Messerschmitt KR200
Has the Morgan EV3 hit the sales floors yet?
rowingpun
Elite

Post by rowingpun »

Any idea why the 0-60 is relatively slow? It's slower than most gas Superbikes and Ludicrous mode in a Tesla p100. Do they have to back off the torque so it doesn't do a flip at the line?