Youth Nationals 2021

Moderators: lt.wolf, bendtheoar

crewu
Old timer

Re: Youth Nationals 2021

Post by crewu »

Since no event went above 40 entries does this mean every crew is going?

Time to crank up the party music in Sarasota?
SoCal Scullers
JV

Post by SoCal Scullers »

crewu wrote:Since no event went above 40 entries does this mean every crew is going?

Time to crank up the party music in Sarasota?

I don't see how USRowing can afford to deny any entries. Imagine the lawsuits that will ensue because of all the money that's already been spent to secure flights, hotel rooms, trailers, etc.
fullmetal
Old timer

Post by fullmetal »

I wouldn't count on RegattaCentral numbers being super up-to-date, but it would be much simpler if there didn't have to be "selections" made...
bz
Pre-Elite

Post by bz »

I think Regatta Central is very much up to date. Entries are now closed with all events having under 40 entries. Page 3 of the entry packet contains the selection process if there would have been more than 40 crews entered in an event.

***5/10/21 Update***Youth National Regatta Entry Deadline
USRowing will be extending the entry deadline for this year’s Youth National Regatta until noon Eastern, Monday, May 17, 2021. This will allow for the collection of next weekend’s race data for crews to use to determine if they would like to enter. We will be informing the crews whose entries are accepted on Thursday, May 20, 2021.
As a reminder, not all crews that have entered for the regatta are guaranteed all their entries. Races with entries that trigger the waitlist criteria will treat all crews, both entered and waitlisted, as equally wanting a slot in that particular event. The rules for this can be found in the entry packet linked below.

The progression system was published on Saturday evening. For the heaviest subscribed events, as many as 26 crews will move on from the time trial - 12 crews into semifinals A and B, a 7 boat C final, and a 7 boat D final. https://usrowing.org/documents/2021/5/1 ... df?id=2632

Bill Zack
oakleystrokes
Novice

Post by oakleystrokes »

Regatta Central is not fully correct.
There are many boats on the waitlist, even though it "looks" like the events aren't full.
Not sure how/why but I think they only designated a certain number of spots in each event to each region.

That being said, I've heard rumors that due to lower entries in the u17 events, they will be able to accept all entries (even the waitlisted ones)
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

None of this would surprise me.

Lots of moving goal posts, changing rules, and surprise last minute protocols with USRowing events. Could they make it more challenging to prepare for? Oh yeah throw a mandatory Safesport something at coaches whose teams are racing at nationals.

Oh right just stfu and be grateful there is a race. Got it.

Heads up to teams traveling in to Sarasota. News is rental car demand exceeds supply by 70% and the rental agencies just keep accepting reservations. Have fun when you arrive at the airport figuring out how you are going to get around.
fullmetal
Old timer

Post by fullmetal »

Guess they'd better fly into Tampa and grab some 12-passenger vans while they can. Or contract with some charter bus companies out of Tampa. Or arrive one day earlier than anyone else to grab a car (first-come, first-served?).
bz
Pre-Elite

Post by bz »

I asked USRowing for clarification. I stand corrected. The visible entries on Regatta Central are the original up to 40 entrants minus any scratches from that original group. A few of the events received more than 40 entries and there is a waitlist for each of those events. RC does not automatically move wait list crews into an event when a spot opens. On the good news front, USRowing will be able to accommodate all wait listed crews and still keep the total number of crews within the parameters established for being able to run the regatta. That news had either just been published or is on the brink.

Bill Zack
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

Every crew accepted.