HOCR Compliance emails 2022

scullerjonny
Elite

HOCR Compliance emails 2022

Post by scullerjonny »

Does anyone know what international athletes are required to do other than sign the waiver? Do they need to do SafeSport? Does it matter if the entry is a composite with one US athlete and 3 international?

I have emailed US Rowing every time a compliance email goes out without any response. I've received about 10 compliance emails...

In case others are having a similar waiver problem - here is one fix - One of the clubs is called "Hamburger Und Germania Ruder Club" in regatta central roster and the international athlete waiver system calls it "Der Hamburger Und Germania Ruder Club" so the software gets confused by "Der" (duh?!?) and cannot figure it out. So, I put that athlete on a different club, just so they would let him sign a waiver. (which putting my lawyer hat on - the first thing you learn in lawschool torts class is the waiver means nothing and gets thrown out almost every time)

I thought we are supposed to be making rowing more accessible? Do you now have to be a software engineer to submit an entry?

I also did my SafeSport training without actually listening to or reading any of the stuff, just clicking the buttons as fast as I could until the "prove you are not a pedophile test" which I passed with flying colors...pretty sure the pedophiles study the materials to figure out, you know, how they can be better at not getting caught being pedophiles.

What a disaster

Rant over
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Re: HOCR Compliance emails 2022

Post by lt.wolf »

I agree , this roll out is painful especially when they are sending the emails out the week of travel , practicing and racing.

There has to be a easier way

On the other hand I would hate to be on the receiving end of the replies back to US rowing ..
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

The darn thing is that since the Charles is not a championship regatta the safe sport was not necessary.

There just has to be a better way.
Long'n Strong
Old timer

Post by Long'n Strong »

Even next weekend's Head of the American is demanding SafeSport compliance.
fullmetal
Old timer

Post by fullmetal »

If SafeSport compliance empowers athletes to speak up about problematic coaches like Kirk Shipley who have long been tolerated by the rowing community, then I'm all for it. It's a minor inconvenience for those who find such compliance trifling.