Coaching Carousel 2022

crewu
Old timer

Re: Coaching Carousel 2022

Post by crewu »

I imagine we won't hear of his future intentions for some time. Few rowing coaches receive a proper farewell in this sport and I imagine he will take his time to savor this one.
Norm
Old timer

Post by Norm »

He must finally have enough for his retirement.
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back - Piet Hein
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

OK this might be just a reaaaallly stupid rumor but a Harvard recruit just told me they are whispering Gladstone will be their head coach Fall 2023.
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

That’s something you read on Reddit with an erg screen shot as a chaser
haveoarwillrow
Varsity

Post by haveoarwillrow »

[quote="lt.wolf"]That’s something you read on Reddit with an erg screen shot as a chaser[/quote]

Don't forget about 7-9 posts asking if a 7:XX 2k for [insert tween age] weighing [insert value 99-145] pounds is good or not :roll:

Congrats to Steve, well earned break and congrats to Mike for being picked to take it up next!
freespeed
Varsity

Post by freespeed »

[quote="fullmetal"]Wow. Can't imagine him retiring--what's next? USRA HP or NT coaching? He could be a huge contributor.[/quote]

Isn’t he in his 80s? I’m sure he’s ready to retire..
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

21 pages ( and counting ) for the 2022 coaching carousel , I can only imagine what 2023 will bring .
Norm
Old timer

Post by Norm »

[quote="freespeed"][quote="fullmetal"]Wow. Can't imagine him retiring--what's next? USRA HP or NT coaching? He could be a huge contributor.[/quote]

Isn’t he in his 80s? I’m sure he’s ready to retire..[/quote]
When Harry Parker was still alive, I had a convo about Gladstone's legacy with some of his 1st and 2nd generation Cal guys. Comparing him to Harry was tough. But after this Yale excursion, you have to believe he truly is a legend. Not an icon like Harry, as brilliant as Rosenberg, blue collar as Ernst, or as IDK what as Ted Nash was, but a true American rowing legend.

Who is the next transcendent men's coaching icon. Charlie Butt? Terhaar? Frandsen? Callahan? Are we going to see one? Might it be O'Neill or Yaz on the women's side?
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back - Piet Hein