Philly City Championships

Moderators: lt.wolf, bendtheoar

TheNatureBoy
Pre-Elite

Philly City Championships

Post by TheNatureBoy »

Anyone know why Prep didn’t race? Have they gotten too big for their own backyard?
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Re: Philly City Championships

Post by lt.wolf »

We talkin' 'bout city championship ! Not a race !”
bendtheoar
Grand Puba

Post by bendtheoar »

TheNatureBoy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:20 am Anyone know why Prep didn’t race? Have they gotten too big for their own backyard?
Prep is no longer a member of the PSRA (Philadelphia Scholastic Rowing Association) which runs the Manny Flick series of races as well as the City Championships. While guest crews can race in a Manny Flick weekly race, which Prep did once this spring, only members of the PSRA can race in the City Championship. So to answer your question, in some ways, I guess they have decided they are too big for their own back yard.
FullSend
Elite

Post by FullSend »

They are pretty obviously too big for their own backyard at this point. I actually give them credit, they used to be pretty fast and acted like gods gift to PSRA. Now they are extremely fast and are looking to race other programs operating on their level.

I don't even mean to be disrespectful to PSRA (or other scholastic programs) but Prep isn't operating like a normal scholastic program, they are operating like a massive Club program and are clearly looking to race more like programs (going down to Florida for a race in early April being a prime example of "not a normal scholastic program move)