Bow vs Stern mounted rigger

boston_1x
Veteran

Re: Bow vs Stern mounted rigger

Post by boston_1x »

Another reason for bow-mounted riggers: Being able to use BAT Logic shoes or other foot board adjustments. Footboard customization and connection probably deserves as much attention as it gets in cycling or skiing. It affects power application.

With a stern-mounted wing... you can have situations (pin location and leg-length dependent) where there is not enough room under the wing for adjusted shoes and shoe plates. You either can't use them, or have to excessively flatten the footboard angle to wedge it in there.

Bow-mounted rigger eliminates the issue. Other option is to put inserts between the wing/hull, to raise the wing, and then lower the oarlock height on the pin to compensate.
1xsculler
Old timer

Post by 1xsculler »

So, Boston, are you ditching your V.D. for a boat with a bow mounted rigger?
I had Cardiac Catheter Ablation. I was in totally asymptomatic, (Apple Watch alerted me) persistent, Atrial Flutter and, post Ablation, I am in persistent sinus rhythm, knock on wood!
Know your A1c and your heart rhythm.
boston_1x
Veteran

Post by boston_1x »

Nah, all set there... our club just bought a bunch of stern-winged singles, with BATLogic shoes... and are having some adjustment issues, with members moving the shoes around.
fatboy
Pre-Elite

Post by fatboy »

It's the first rule of club rowing - anything that's adjustable ends up adjusted wrong