Speedcoach XL2 - strategic purchase? (NK web)

randallpatrickc
Novice

Speedcoach XL2 - strategic purchase? (NK web)

Post by randallpatrickc »

Has anyone bought a Speedcoach product from the http://www.nkhome.com/ website lately? I was about to purchase a Speedcoach XL2 and harness, impeller, bracket etc., when I noticed that the support board http://www.nkportal.com/knowledgecenter/seems not to have any entries since Nov 2011 or so and many many links to technical info are broken. It didn't feel a healthy web presence if you get my drift.. Maybe they just have IT support issues?
boston_1x
Veteran

Re: Speedcoach XL2 - strategic purchase? (NK web)

Post by boston_1x »

If you're looking for a product reference... I've been training with a XL2 since they came out. Very reliable, & getting SPM, speed & HR in the same place is very useful, particularly for data analysis... this is a great tool for looking at thresholds & inflection points.
randallpatrickc
Novice

What do you use to review the data? Do NK provide a program or is it a diy approach with a spreadsheet or something?
boston_1x
Veteran

Post by boston_1x »

Exactly... They have their own software and you can export. I have version 2, I think they are testing version 4.
randallpatrickc
Novice

Just an update on the NK buying experience. Although I was concerned that their website support pages seem in need of some maintenance, the buying process, products and experience were excellent. Their sales and customer service phone support were very knowledgeable and my order arrived very quickly, packed perfectly. I have only done out of boat tests so far - due to the construction of my training scull I think I might need a harness that has a longer wire for the impeller sensor. The hull of the Edon is a thick foam sandwich so I can see that sensor placement with respect to the impeller will be crucial. I'm going to use a couple of magnets to help align things when I fix the impeller.

The upload software installed easily (usb version 3) and all in all, so far I'm hopeful this will be a great product for me.