Pilates?

Moderators: lt.wolf, bendtheoar

1xsculler
Old timer

Pilates?

Post by 1xsculler »

Do any of you do include Pilates as part of your training and do you use apparati such as the Reformer or Cadillac or none?
I had Cardiac Catheter Ablation. I was in totally asymptomatic, (Apple Watch alerted me) persistent, Atrial Flutter and, post Ablation, I am in persistent sinus rhythm, knock on wood!
Know your A1c and your heart rhythm.
bayrower
Pre-Elite

Re: Pilates?

Post by bayrower »

I would recommend gyrotonics instead, which is also invented by dancers for dancers, but utilizes a circular not linear motion like pilates.

Critical is that it helped me with body awareness, understanding the feel of the connection, which frankly translated directly into the single in a big way.

Pilates and core strength - not really. Squats and deadlifts seem to do a much better job for me there!

But flexibility and any symmetry issues are really helped by gyrontonics as well.
redtide
JV

Re: Pilates?

Post by redtide »

I've suffered from pretty bad back pain due to a fractured lumbar. This spring I started doing some Pilates and I found that it definitely helped. I had less pain, and improved flexibility. Additionally, it was pretty easy to work in with other workouts, because it's not very stressful on the body. There are still a couple exercises I do during my warm-up and cool downs.