Rowing in Motion - iOS app

Stelph
Pre-Elite

Rowing in Motion - iOS app

Post by Stelph »

Ive written a review of the rowing in motion boat app here which people may find interesting:

http://rowingmusings.wordpress.com/2013 ... -overview/

It is quite expensive for a smartphone app, but I am currently using it and find it quite useful for analysing how the boat is moving and areas where I can work to improve my stroke profile and when you compare it to the usual price for speedcoaches and biomechanics its a very good price (and means you dont just use that £500 iPhone just for tweeting and Instagram :D )
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Re: Rowing in Motion - iOS app

Post by lt.wolf »

Still the issue of dropping that expensive phone in the river as well as protecting it from water damage. Water and phones don't mix on any level.
Stelph
Pre-Elite

Post by Stelph »

lt.wolf wrote:Still the issue of dropping that expensive phone in the river as well as protecting it from water damage. Water and phones don't mix on any level.
True, but the same could be said of an NK Device! also remeber the iPhone in a lifeproof case would be protected from water and would also float

http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/lif ... ifejacket/
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

Here is the thing though. My Nk device is secure in my boat. There is no transporting from anywhere to anywhere. My phone with all my contacts, all my info and everything sits in my locker safe and sound letting me enjoy my row. People can of course do what they like and have apps etc. I just take faith in my Nk is for rowing and nothing else, my phone unfortunately is my work, my life, my website. Too much risk
Stelph
Pre-Elite

Post by Stelph »

Do you leave your NK in the boat when it's racked then? Possibly a difference there between the US and the UK then as if I did that the NK would get nicked, infact last year one guys was nicked from the boat when he was as an event and left it in the boat for about 20mins

Like you say each to their own tho :)
Last edited by Stelph on Thu May 02, 2013 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
petermech
Elite

Post by petermech »

In the US I would not expect it to be stolen. It does not speak well of the UK.
Stelph
Pre-Elite

Post by Stelph »

petermech wrote:In the US I would not expect it to be stolen. It does not speak well of the UK.
Tbf the example I gave actually happened in Italy, but I still wouldn't leave a strokecoach in the boat here in the UK either! No point in tempting fate
pete.spivey
Novice

Post by pete.spivey »

I like the Rowing in Motion App, but only ocationally….I prefer Ritmotime even though the speed can fluctuate a bit…..If I had a bit more spare cash I would get the speed coach because of the convenience……A mate of mine now has the new waterproof Samsung and has used a 3D printer to fix a bracket on the back that slides into the speed coach holder……probably breaking a patent but it works and makes it convenient to use…..The other thing about the Apps is the ability to look at results straight after the race and also see the map……
Rowing Coach and Masters Rower. Still going after 31 years. No end in sight.