Head of the Charles - girls Youth 8's

Moderators: lt.wolf, bendtheoar

fatsculler
Old timer

Head of the Charles - girls Youth 8's

Post by fatsculler »

British National Schools Champions, Headington are racin the HOCR this year...it'll be really interesting to see how they get on. Who are the crew to beat Stateside?
The older I get, the better I was
GettingFaster
Veteran

Re: Head of the Charles - girls Youth 8's

Post by GettingFaster »

Probably Marin, Strokes, maybe CRI and Sarasota/toga as well. I know nothing of their lineups, and who they returned from last year, but they tend to be good from year to year.
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

fatsculler wrote:British National Schools Champions, Headington are racin the HOCR this year...it'll be really interesting to see how they get on. Who are the crew to beat Stateside?
So, Headington finishes 10th at the Charles with Oakland strokes winning it.

OKC Riversports is the youth program that has truly made the big strides though. A lot of national team rowers will be flowing from there in the future.
fatsculler
Old timer

Post by fatsculler »

crewu wrote:
fatsculler wrote:British National Schools Champions, Headington are racin the HOCR this year...it'll be really interesting to see how they get on. Who are the crew to beat Stateside?

OKC Riversports is the youth program that has truly made the big strides though. A lot of national team rowers will be flowing from there in the future.
Headington showed great strength in depth by being the only school to get 2 crews in the top 20.
The older I get, the better I was
2CiiX21
Old timer

Post by 2CiiX21 »

fatsculler wrote:
crewu wrote:

Headington showed great strength in depth by being the only school to get 2 crews in the top 20.
They also showed great strength in luck of the draw by being one of only five teams that had 2 crews in the event. :wink:

Oakland, Marin, Saugatuck, and Saratoga could have all placed a second crew in the top 20 (but did not have an entry).