Coaching Carousel

oldman
Pre-Elite

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by oldman »

Dunno. Great new coaching group. The move to real water. Weather, atmosphere, ACC. All they have to do is scour the world for internationals looking for a free US degree. Not incrementally. All at once. Recruit, recruit the top tier women from the best clubs in any country. Get at least 12 at once. Next year.
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

Slim wrote:UNC has huge potential but is still a low 8 figure investment away from being competitive with a team like Alabama.
Baby steps.....how much to creep to the top of the ACC petites or nose into the grands?
Remomex
Old timer

Post by Remomex »

Until UNC can get a BH on Jordan Lake, it'll be hard to make a huge impact. But given the athletic powerhouse they are in other women sports, it's disappointing they don't get more support from the AD.
Faster-n-faster
Pre-Elite

Post by Faster-n-faster »

I feel like UNC is one of those programs that looks great from the outside but then you look under the hood and see that the funding isn’t there and they only have 10 scholarships or something.
Slim
Old timer

Post by Slim »

Faster-n-faster wrote:I feel like UNC is one of those programs that looks great from the outside but then you look under the hood and see that the funding isn’t there and they only have 10 scholarships or something.
10 would be significant upgrade for them.
Sarge
Elite

Post by Sarge »

Row small boats on University lake

Row off a trailer on Jordan Lake with a couple of porta potties and a fenced area for the trailer.

This isn't hard. Carolina has been wasting away for years. University lake is fine for a 1x (I did it for 2 years)

Hell, Cal rows in Oakland (20 minutes one way) and Briones (20 minutes the other way).
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

Sarge wrote:Row small boats on University lake

Row off a trailer on Jordan Lake with a couple of porta potties and a fenced area for the trailer.

This isn't hard. Carolina has been wasting away for years. University lake is fine for a 1x (I did it for 2 years)

Hell, Cal rows in Oakland (20 minutes one way) and Briones (20 minutes the other way).

I don't think you have any idea what UNC's total budget was over the last 10 years. They finish exactly where the AD funds them.
Faster-n-faster
Pre-Elite

Post by Faster-n-faster »

Slim wrote:
Faster-n-faster wrote:I feel like UNC is one of those programs that looks great from the outside but then you look under the hood and see that the funding isn’t there and they only have 10 scholarships or something.
10 would be significant upgrade for them.

If you’re privy to the specifics then I guess my suspicion is confirmed. They seem similar to BC in that regard - same deal there.
Norm
Old timer

Post by Norm »

Virginia 2nd assistant
Columbia assistant
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back - Piet Hein
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

AC Chacon has moved from Colgate to Stetson ( men and women )