Saratoga Junior Coaches Conference 01/12 - 01/13

Moderators: lt.wolf, bendtheoar

lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Saratoga Junior Coaches Conference 01/12 - 01/13

Post by lt.wolf »

Hi All

If you are receiving this, its because you were on the 2018 Conference email list. I have just opened the registration for this year's event. Found here: https://streamlinerowing.com/regattas/2 ... rence-2019 I am working from several email lists, so please accept my apologies if you get this email more than once.

I've put some information below concerning the Topics, Speakers, Key Note Presentations, and Administrative Round Table talks further BELOW. Some notes for you about the Conference itself:
The Price INCLUDES meals. You are on your own for drinks (especially you Justin Ochal). Please inform me of any dietary needs, Longfellows will help provide meals that conform. When I get the menu, I'll post it.
No team will pay for more than 5 Coaches. Every Coach registered after 5 is on us (not including meals, which is NOT ours to give away.
College Coaches are welcome. Coaches from at any level are welcome.
The Presentations will be hosted mainly at Longfellows Hotel/Conference Center: http://www.longfellows.com/ If you're looking for the closest place to stay, its onsite. The place is awesome. Some topics will be hosted at the SRA Boathouse which is at the bottom of the hill (like the Kinetic Chain Circuits).
Conference "Welcome" is Friday night (Comfort Food provided). Presentations begin Saturday morning, and go on until Sunday at Noon.
The Administrative Round Tables are available for 1 person from the first 20 Teams who sign up. All Board Members, Head Coaches, Exec.Directors invited. It is FREE (not including food) and is intended to serve the purpose of bringing together many Clubs who will share how they do things. There are various moderators: Matt Logue & John Wik (Safety-SafeSport), Susan Smith (USRA), Bruce Smith & Susan Pruiksma will moderate all Administration Issues #2/#3, and Bonnie Mueller (Women's Network #4).
I'm pretty excited to have Michael Nerney back, and Roland Koepke joining us. Understanding the athletes we work with, and what they go through is so important to connecting with them. And, comparing/contrasting how another successful country (Germany!!!) sets up their system should be very helpful as we strive to improve.
The 'break-outs' are intended to be small groups. Hopefully, 20 or so people. The intention is to have great interactive conversations between Attendees and Presenters.
As Presenters send in their Presentations, I will be uploading them into the Google Drive. Everyone who Registers will be given access to this folder.
Please note, we can only fit 150 people into the room for dinner, so that is the cut-off point.
Happy Holidays Everyone

Chris Chase
518-376-9172