2019 Junior Worlds Budget

Moderators: lt.wolf, bendtheoar

Almostflipped
Old timer

Re: 2019 Junior Worlds Budget

Post by Almostflipped »

Damn, those rules and regulations are straightforward, easy to read, and make sense. You know they aren’t American from that alone.
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

That's because British rowing parents are told to be seen and not heard.

Amazing how simple things become that way.
Tiger10
JV

Post by Tiger10 »

We really do have to admit that we messed this lightweight issue up royally. We have no business, no business AT ALL, setting weight limits on growing bodies, no matter how good a protocol we think we wrote. I'm a lightweight, too. And some days I wish I was not. Like on erg test day. But in our youth rowing events, we can do well by kids and our sport by adopting age categories exclusively.

The writing is on the wall, for poids legers, at the highest level of our sport and we need to make room for open water rowing in our future. We should drop it at the HS and college level and just move on.

Did Pat's departure have anything to do with this? Pat was very good at his job and moved USRowing forward during a turbulent time. I feel he did a great job running us coaches through the input, feedback, and committee loops. He spoke with a lot of people in many different forums and you always knew Pat was listening to you. In the end, there were powerful people who wanted to keep LW rowing and so a protocol needed to be authored. I doubt very much Pat himself personally supported keeping LW rowing. And in the end, knowing that the outcome was the unhealthy and wrong one for rowing's survival, he may have felt he could not continue as the CEO.
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

Tiger10 wrote:In the end, there were powerful people who wanted to keep LW rowing
Note to the next CEO---call their bluff. USRowing can survive without the junior lightweights, but the junior lightweights cannot survive without USRowing.

Cut them loose. Let them fail. Ban the return of any coach who raised a challenge.

Unemployable. Down. To. The. Last. Man.

No mercy, no prisoners. Just career carnage for all to witness, remember, and tell the tale.