Old timer

Vote for Meg for Ms. Health & Fitness 2020

Post by smiles »

Hello old RI friends!
2003 & 2009 Team USA lightweight 
Smiles checking in! 

Sending lots of love & support to everyone
during this trying time of Covid.

Been super busy in recent years embarking on non rowing related endeavors including becoming a guide runner for athletes with disabilities, but since almost all interpersonal interaction is off limits for me especially because I'm working in acute care of a hospital I decided to put my energy into something else that will allow me to give back.

I've entered a fitness competition determined by online voting.
Link right here:
https://mshealthandfitness.com/2020/meghan-sarbanis

The best way for me to recruit votes is through social media.

It's actually been going on for quite some time
& was able to rely on friends in family in the preliminary rounds, 
but now that the competition is heating up...

I'm reaching out to all of the networks I'm connected with!

It's weird to "compete" at something when you have no real control over the outcome???
Definitely not used to that as an athlete!

Below I've attached a detailed explanation of why I decided to participate, but if you would like the TLDR version...

I would love to have the opportunity to spread awareness on a national platform to support some of my favorite running organizations near & dear to my heart including Girls on the Run International as well as Achilles International as I passionately believe all human beings should have access to health & fitness.❤

It may actually be meaningful to some of the younger female rowers if planning to pursue National Team Aspirations as well since I would also like to spread fertility awareness to female athletes???

And of course if I win, 
I can not only pledged in my Bio to donate to the organizations listed above, but I've also pledged to donate a portion of the prize money to the NRF to help support aspiring Team USA rowers!!!

One can vote every day on Facebook for free as well as purchase votes with ALL donations going to the wonderful cause of Jared Allen Homes for Wounded Warriors #jah4ww.

PLEASE feel free to share & circulate the link as this competition is fierce! ❤

Figured this could be a fun distraction for people as well with so many sporting events canceled these days too!!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =870415365

Thanks so much!!!
Stay healthy & stay safe! :D
training is the opposite of hoping