Be The Match For Freddie

lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Be The Match For Freddie

Post by lt.wolf »

ar Rowing Community,
I hope this message finds you strong and healthy and back on the water taking strokes. As coaches we work to foster a sense of community within our teams and encourage our athletes to ask for help when they are struggling. Today, I am taking that advice as I write to this community asking for your help in the midst of a personal struggle.

During the week of the B1G Invite my 11 month old nephew, Freddie, was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia. Freddie spent a few weeks in the hospital, underwent blood transfusions and a central line implant surgery and thankfully was able to return home as he continues his battle with cancer.

This past weekend while racing down in Princeton, my family encountered a bit of a setback, unfortunately neither of Freddie's brothers nor his parents are his bone marrow transplant match. Through this disappointing news we stay hopeful that his life saving match is out there somewhere.

This is where your help comes in. If you are willing/able to share Freddie's story with your teams, your athletic departments, your families, friends, etc. and encourage the communities that you are a part of to get tested and join the registry at bethematch.org we might be able to find Freddie his match and/or save someone else's life!

I've attached a picture of Freddie with info on how to register below. Please feel free to share this! Freddie will celebrate his first birthday on May 31st, I look forward to sharing positive news about many more birthdays to come!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for spreading the word.

With gratitude,
Claire Kuehnel
Syracuse Women's Rowing
Attachments
5BF696AB-D75F-42EB-BB80-00A9BF066AB9.jpeg
5BF696AB-D75F-42EB-BB80-00A9BF066AB9.jpeg (907.3 KiB) Viewed 458 times