How long before

Slim
Old timer

Re: How long before

Post by Slim »

Compare the watts to what? 5% higher than who?
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

Faster-n-faster wrote:
rowing wrote:
Faster-n-faster wrote:
rowing wrote:
Faster-n-faster wrote:
But give any Women’s top program right now 2 6’4”/6’5” 6:15-6:05 transitioned recruit worthy males, and you’ll have an NCAA title in the 1V8
That might be the dumbest thing I have read on the internet today.

Still 15 hours to go, but that's a commanding lead.
If you can’t argue why you think that it’s wrong, then keep your comments to yourself.

Note that I said “top program” and I mean top. We’re not talking about Old Domionion here.
And you topped yourself.
I still don’t hear an argument about how I’m wrong rowing, just the usual ad homenim from you.

And yes Slim, I do. If you just compare watts on the erg alone you’re looking at a 5% increase in power over 2k.
I replied. It was deleted because painful truth isn't allowed anymore.

I'll offer a censored version:

You are doing rowing wrong if you think two erg e*****s will make the difference.

Ergs and discarded d***s don't float.
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

Yes , langue please
LoreMaster1
Old timer

Post by LoreMaster1 »

rowing wrote:
Faster-n-faster wrote:
rowing wrote:
Faster-n-faster wrote:
rowing wrote:
Faster-n-faster wrote:
But give any Women’s top program right now 2 6’4”/6’5” 6:15-6:05 transitioned recruit worthy males, and you’ll have an NCAA title in the 1V8

If you can’t argue why you think that it’s wrong, then keep your comments to yourself.

Note that I said “top program” and I mean top. We’re not talking about Old Domionion here.
And you topped yourself.
I still don’t hear an argument about how I’m wrong rowing, just the usual ad homenim from you.

And yes Slim, I do. If you just compare watts on the erg alone you’re looking at a 5% increase in power over 2k.

You are doing rowing wrong if you think two erg e*****s will make the difference.

I know "edgy" is your thing, rowing, but you're beyond the pale if you can't see why calling a trans person a eunuch is a problem.
Cowbells123
Pre-Elite

Post by Cowbells123 »

Thinking an opinion is the “truth” :roll:
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

LoreMaster1 wrote:
rowing wrote:
Faster-n-faster wrote:
rowing wrote:
Faster-n-faster wrote:
rowing wrote:
Faster-n-faster wrote:

And you topped yourself.

I know "edgy" is your thing, rowing, but you're beyond the pale if you can't see why calling a trans person a eunuch is a problem.
I am beyond the pale when I sleep.

But it is definitely time to reclaim "woke" from the iFeelz.

Good morning!!!! You are what you are, and there should be a category for you if numbers define it so. If there is not (ludicrous given how many categories have been created in the past), then competing as exhibition status is a fair compromise.
crewu
Old timer

Post by crewu »

Regardless of your position as to whether trans athletes should be allowed to participate in women's sports, how is it defensible that the NCAA mandates that a student athlete must pump their bodies with drugs for 12 months before being permitted to participate in sport?
steelpot
Novice

Post by steelpot »

Who cares if a male-to-female transitioned athlete increases a program's competitiveness? A person's reasons for transitioning are not your business or mine.

Who cares if a male-to-female transitioned athlete would be more competitive nationally or internationally? A person's reasons for transitioning are not your business or mine.

These kinds of smooth-brained facile arguments, while sometimes presented in the hypothetical sense of "oh wouldn't it be interesting," are fundamentally transphobic and part of the reason so many people choose to deny their true selves for too long and wait until post-competition life to transition. If you have ever wondered why this sport seems so backwards both in this country and around the world, I will refer you to my previous sentence.

This thread being open for replies permits people to continue posting transphobic hate speech. This thread should be locked, immediately.
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

crewu wrote:Regardless of your position as to whether trans athletes should be allowed to participate in women's sports, how is it defensible that the NCAA mandates that a student athlete must pump their bodies with drugs for 12 months before being permitted to participate in sport?
It is particularly laughable when the NCAA as "policy" will now defer to IGBs and NGBs that bar cis athletes with natural hormone levels that "exceed" some "standard" that the original researchers claim is NOT the way the study was supposed to be interpreted at all.

These athletes take nothing to alter themselves and are punished. Fix that before moving to anything else.
PBR
Novice

Post by PBR »

steelpot wrote:Who cares if a male-to-female transitioned athlete increases a program's competitiveness? A person's reasons for transitioning are not your business or mine.

Who cares if a male-to-female transitioned athlete would be more competitive nationally or internationally? A person's reasons for transitioning are not your business or mine.

These kinds of smooth-brained facile arguments, while sometimes presented in the hypothetical sense of "oh wouldn't it be interesting," are fundamentally transphobic and part of the reason so many people choose to deny their true selves for too long and wait until post-competition life to transition. If you have ever wondered why this sport seems so backwards both in this country and around the world, I will refer you to my previous sentence.

This thread being open for replies permits people to continue posting transphobic hate speech. This thread should be locked, immediately.
+ a million. Thank you.
socalstroke
Old timer

Post by socalstroke »

PBR wrote:
steelpot wrote:Who cares if a male-to-female transitioned athlete increases a program's competitiveness? A person's reasons for transitioning are not your business or mine.

+ a million. Thank you.
Lot of dumb comments here but how do you two propose sport address biology and fairness? Is an accomodation even possible with this issue?
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

socalstroke wrote:
Lot of dumb comments here but how do you two propose sport address biology and fairness? Is an accomodation even possible with this issue?
Dumb comments are a perfect start to smarter questions.

I don't know that you can address biology and fairness. The hormone policies in place now seem inconsistent, and ultimately disavowed by the research authors when they see how they have been utilized.

I don't have a magic lab coat, but I do know that, historically, rowing is capable of creating endless categories of racing.

I am pretty sure the sport can handle this if the nounzies don't scare everyone into silence.
Cowbells123
Pre-Elite

Post by Cowbells123 »

I think there are legitimate questions to be asked but I also think folks can be mindful of their tone and respectful in their exchanges. One can hope….
Civility is in short supply these days.
Faster-n-faster
Pre-Elite

Post by Faster-n-faster »

I can’t tell if this is farce or not
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

South Park should write so well...