What? No Stanford vs UW vs Cal , come on now

Too bad Yale could not join the party ?
Faster-n-faster
Pre-Elite

Re: What happens in Vegas....

Post by Faster-n-faster »

lt.wolf wrote:What? No Stanford vs UW vs Cal , come on now

That would be a banger. They’ll have their respective duels moving on from this weekend though and also PAC 12.
fullmetal
Old timer

Post by fullmetal »

Honestly, LLV is just not a reliable course for something that can affect NCAA rankings, imo. But that is an impressive slate of teams. Iowa could have met up with Michigan and Texas in Michigan (or the B1G fest: tOSU, Indiana, Notre Dame, Oklahoma -- but maybe familiarity breeds contempt). Clemson is kind of a head-scratcher, not sure what they get out of such a long trip west that they couldn't get closer to home with Alabama/SMU.

Yale's racing Wisco, Bucknell, Cornell, and Syracuse; no need to trailer across the continental US to get some quality racing.

Fun for all! Hope the wind stays home.
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

Ya know what I am saying in regards to Yale as the dance card is slightly more competitive in Vegas.
Cowbells123
Pre-Elite

Post by Cowbells123 »

lt.wolf wrote:Ya know what I am saying in regards to Yale as the dance card is slightly more competitive in Vegas.
Yale ladies aren’t avoiding any competitive matches. They don’t need to. 8)
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

Cowbells123 wrote:
lt.wolf wrote:Ya know what I am saying in regards to Yale as the dance card is slightly more competitive in Vegas.
Yale ladies aren’t avoiding any competitive matches. They don’t need to. 8)
They better finish top 4 for all the flicking this early on.

Historically, I don't see it, but I loves a surprise as much as anyone.
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

I was not suggesting they were avoiding competition, I would like to seen how they would have stacked up.

I have been saying Yale is fast for several weeks now. The coaches have tweaked the training a bit and the recruiting is good.
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

lt.wolf wrote:I was not suggesting they were avoiding competition, I would like to seen how they would have stacked up.

I have been saying Yale is fast for several weeks now. The coaches have tweaked the training a bit and the recruiting is good.

April flutters bring May shudders. It's nice to be faster than slower at any given point, but I can't see a jump from 8th in 2019 to any higher than 6th in 2022. Ivies have not finished in the points top 5 since Brown in 2015.

In fact, fcuk it, I'll call Brown over Yale when NCAA Sunday is done. They have history AND culture on their side.
fullmetal
Old timer

Post by fullmetal »

lt.wolf wrote:The coaches have tweaked the training a bit and the recruiting is good.
Eighteen listed athletes 6'0" and taller...six of who are first years, one senior. That's hard to top for paper potential. And look out for next year too.
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

fullmetal wrote:
lt.wolf wrote:The coaches have tweaked the training a bit and the recruiting is good.
Eighteen listed athletes 6'0" and taller...six of who are first years, one senior. That's hard to top for paper potential. And look out for next year too.
Let's take it one year of actual water racing at a time. Yale is notoriously erg happy and we are fresh out of flywheel season. Fitness and finesse are not interchangeable as the weeks move on. We will know more by Ivy Champs. If they beat Brown by open water, I'm a believer. Sans that, I go with the perennial top 10 performers from Providence.
Sarge
Elite

Post by Sarge »

lt.wolf wrote:What? No Stanford vs UW vs Cal , come on now

seeing each other 3x in one season is enough. San Diego, the duals, and pac-12's.
lt.wolf
Grand Puba

Post by lt.wolf »

In my mind if you are there then line it up.
rowing
Old timer

Post by rowing »

It is a bit comical that the grownups table and the kids table are in limited orbits.

I wonder how each college's media breakdancers will pop and lock it come Monday.
Faster-n-faster
Pre-Elite

Post by Faster-n-faster »

rowing wrote:It is a bit comical that the grownups table and the kids table are in limited orbits.

I wonder how each college's media breakdancers will pop and lock it come Monday.
It is a bit comical. Like how Stanford sent one mystery boat to the crew classic and didn’t race in the big event..

This race is really about the kid’s table though. They need to get some results and then bicker over the at-large bids.